Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Week 23: By the Light of the Silvery Moon

Debby

When I decided on last week’s topic of painted rocks I assumed, incorrectly, that Carol might do some painting with her granddaughter as I had. She never ceases to surprise me, for her submission was totally unexpected.

I forgot about the rocks, as I was painting canvases instead, and had to rush to get something done in time for the blog. And since I had all these rocks on my table I kept on painting, and ended up painting a piece for this week’s Full Moon.

I can safely say I am done with rocks, but it gave me some fun and the break I needed.



Carol

I love the full moon. I love the way the light reflects on the water or shines through the trees… I love the way it lights up the landscape at night.

The full moon this week was the Sturgeon Moon, so named by the Native Americans because this is the time when the sturgeons start to spawn around the Great Lakes. So it seemed only natural that I drag the hubby down to Lake Ontario to take my moon picture. The moon was a gorgeous reddish colour and reflected on the calm water of the lake.

It was so beautiful that I went home and got my good camera to take what I thought would be better pictures. Alas, National Geographic is not going to be beating down my door for my photos. The ones I took with my phone pretty much showed a reddish dot in the sky. The ones with the good camera caught the reflection of moonlight on the water nicely, but the moon itself looked like a cluster of three.

But then, as I was feeding the cats before going to bed, I noticed the moon outside the kitchen window. It had risen high enough I could see it clearly over the tops of the trees behind our house. So I took my phone out onto the deck and took my pictures – every one was a winner, but this one was the best. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment