Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Week 22: Painted Rocks

Debby

This was my suggestion and you would think, because I gave Carol weeks of notice, that I would not have been caught unprepared. Thing is, I’ve been painting like a demon for the last few months, and other things have fallen by the wayside. Not pleased with my effort and as a point of pride will have to do another and put more effort into it.

Word of advice for anyone wanting to paint rocks...a coat of gesso to prime makes the surface smoother and the paint go on better. Recipe for homemade gesso is 1/4 cup talc, 1/4 cup water. Mix together and add 1/2 cup white acrylic paint and 1/4 cup white glue.

The house is my submission. The cats are for you Carol as an apology for being late.

Carol says: I’m posting both pictures because the cats are just so darned cute!





Carol

As soon as I received this week’s topic from Debby I knew what I was going to take a picture of.

Our town has an ecology garden just above the west beach, with a boardwalk separating the two. There are many beautiful features of this garden and one of the most interesting is the display of painted rocks.

In case you can’t quite tell from the picture, the sign says: Take a rock for motivation, leave a rock for inspiration. I find these rocks very motivational!


No comments:

Post a Comment