Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Week 19: A Taste of Summer

Debby

I asked my grandchildren what they considered the taste of summer. I thought they might say chips from a roadside chip truck but their answer was a resounding ICE CREAM! So we ventured downtown to the ice cream shop where they serve Kawartha Ice Cream, the best tasting ice cream in Ontario, in my humble opinion.

The flavours in the photo are, a very obvious Blue Bubblegum, and Moose Tracks which had swirls of chocolate, peanut butter and tiny peanut butter cups. It was all delicious.



Carol

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of a taste of summer is vegetables fresh from the garden. In some ways I think I was spoiled as a kid. Although we lived on the edge of town we had a huge vegetable garden, and besides making jams and jellies, my mother also made relishes, pickles, and chutneys. I used to love putting the tomatoes, onions, and peppers through the meat grinder.

I’ve had a couple of failed attempts at vegetable gardens in the past, but my next door neighbour has great success and loves to share her bounty. I was going to post a picture of the cherry tomatoes that my husband and granddaughter planted (they’re covered with tomatoes) but my neighbour sent her granddaughter over with a much larger selection.

The only thing better than fresh produce is a neighbour who likes to share. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment