Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 24: Butterflies

Debby

I never took the time to visit the newest park downtown, though I would often drive by. I’d see the skaters on the outdoor rink in winter, and the butterflies flying high in summer.

I stopped and walked the park when I selected the Love Locks Bridge for an earlier blog photo choice. This was the first time I’d seen the beautiful butterflies up close and could appreciate what a lovely addition they were to the park.

Colour and movement. The breeze from the lake causing ripples in the shallow water that fills the winter rink.

I should get out and around this town I call home more often.



Carol

I love butterflies!

Many years ago I used to walk home from work, cutting across a park that was more like a big field. One day, I had to step carefully because the grass was covered with monarch butterflies. I’m guessing they were taking a rest from their yearly migration, but it was an amazing sight. Too bad there wasn’t such a thing as a camera phone back then, it really had to be seen to be believed.

Sadly, the butterfly population underwent a sharp decline, but over the last couple years they started making a comeback. This year I’ve seen more monarchs than I have in the last several years put together, some even in my own back yard. Hopefully they’ll continue to multiply and some day I’ll get to see a field of butterflies again.


No comments:

Post a Comment