Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Week 18: A is For . . .

Debby

I was stuck for a topic this week, and frustrated with the blank canvas on my tabletop easel. So this week, A is for Art, or the absence of art, as the case may be. I’ve stepped away from decades of creating abstract art and have tried my hand at some realism.

It’s all Chuck Black’s fault. He’s a 32 year old landscape and wildlife painter from Montana who has a plethora of art videos on YouTube. I tried a couple of landscapes but was not satisfied. Why not try a more abstract approach I thought.

Then I discovered Scott Naismith. He’s a young Scottish landscape artist who is known for his bright colours and abstract approach. Again, I became addicted to YouTube.

I think I need to experiment with all that I have learned to find my own style. What used to work for me doesn’t seem to work any more. I’m waiting for inspiration, and hope the blank canvas doesn’t stay blank much longer.



Carol

Yeah, I went for the obvious with this one. A is for apples.

At first I was going to go to the grocery store and either take a picture of the produce section or buy a variety of apples and pose them artistically to take my picture. But I had a few apples that needed to be used up and I had some little frozen tart shells in the freezer so ….

Apples usually make me think of the fall, not summer, but in this case I was willing to make an exception. :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment