Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Week 15: Oh, Canada!

Debby

The July 1st holiday was always a joke around my house. My parents were both born in the U.S. and were naturalized Canadians, along with my sister and I. My brother having the privilege to be born here.

But as July 1st was also Mom’s birthday it was an ongoing joke that Canada celebrated her birthday every year in such a boisterous way.

It’s been so hot this week that I admit to being a ‘shut-in’ as the heat and I do not do so well. So I confess that I did not take this week’s photo, but it was taken from a phone.

My son was camping and sent me a series of photos and this one seemed perfect for this weeks theme. A chair with the Canadian Maple Leaf, on the edge of a lake, blue skies, sunshine and the Canadian countryside. Oh Canada indeed.



Carol

When I first came up with the idea of something Canadian for this week I kind of envisioned something in celebration of Canada Day, like our local waterfront festival or the fireworks or an artful display of Canadian flags.

However, I didn’t see any of the local colour, we went to Toronto for the weekend. Furthermore, I was armed with a brand new camera so most of the pictures I took were done using it. I mean seriously, would it have killed me to take at least one picture of the CN tower with my phone?

While I didn't have a lot of pictures to choose from, there were a few interesting ones of street murals, and the interior of a couple of restaurants we visited. There were also a couple taken during shopping expeditions.

What could be more Canadian than a flock of Canadian geese, especially the ones in flight in the Eaton’s Centre, one of Canada’s most iconic shopping malls?


No comments:

Post a Comment