Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Week 14: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

Debby

There is something mysterious about train tracks. I look out upon those empty tracks and wonder about the trains that travel along the way. Where are they going? What do they carry? Some of this interest may have come after watching the movie “Unstoppable” with Denzil Washington. And, of course, after the train wreck we had a few years ago outside of town, with its environmentally unfriendly cargo.

I have always loved the sound of the trains on a summer night. The repetitive clickity clack as they make their way through town. I realize, if the tracks ran directly behind my house I might not be quite so enamoured.

This picture was taken on one of the side roads east of town. It was dull and grey out, raining off and on. A perfect setting for some wistful thoughts.



Carol

Recently I had the pleasure of heading down to New Brunswick for a quick visit with my sister. Normally I would have driven, or taken the train, but time was short so I decided to take a plane. It had been about 25 years since the last time I flew anywhere and a lot of things have changed since then, so it was a real eye-opening experience.

I guess it’s just as well I didn’t have a real camera with me, because none of those pictures would have been eligible for this blog (being all about phone photos). To be honest, neither time I was at an airport was particularly good weather for taking pictures, but that didn’t stop me!

I think this shot is pretty self-explanatory – it was taken from my seat on the plane as the pilot started to rev the engine. I do love a window seat!


No comments:

Post a Comment