Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Week 25: An Apple A Day

Debby

Fall’s sweet bounty. I love apples, and with the cooler temperatures there are no end of apple recipes to try. I remember the ongoing argument I had with my father-in-law, about apple pies. I love cinnamon and he was a nutmeg guy, so, of course I had to make both. For my Dad it was apple dumplings. Been awhile since I’ve made either, apple cake and muffins for sure, but not a pie or dumplings.

Just saw apple tacos on Facebook. The tacos baked with a coating of cinnamon and sugar, the apples cut up and cooked with brown sugar. Looked very tasty.

So many recipes, so little time.



Carol

When I came up with this week’s idea, we were in the midst of a couple of days of cooler, fall-like weather. The fall always makes me think of apples – apple pie, apple cider, or just biting into a sweet, crunchy apple.

Of course now we’re back into the hot and humid weather, but apple season is still upon us. I just won’t be baking any pies yet. :-)

Instead, I’ll just go down to my freezer and pull out an apple loaf that I made in the spring. It may not have come straight from the tree, but it works for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment