Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Week 5: Quiet Time

Debby

When I had a baby in the house, and that child was asleep, it was all about quiet time. Later, when my kids needed to wind down from a busy day, it was “Quiet Time”, that interlude between the day’s activity and bedtime. A time for cuddling as I read them a story, or snuggling as we watched television.

My life is all about quiet time now, as I live alone. And I have no complaint, as most of my activities are solitary. Things like reading, writing, painting, even my crochet.

Yet, I find certain places to be ‘quiet time’places, where I can go to be even more alone, where I don’t have to look at the sink full of dirty dishes, the overflowing laundry basket. The lake is such a place for me. I love to watch the water beat against the shore, how fast and how hard an indicator of Mother Nature’s mood that day.

Lately, when I’ve been out driving with my granddaughter, we often get a take-out cup of tea and sit by the lake to visit. This is our quiet time as she is a teen with many commitments; family, friends, part time work and school.

She’s also a natural choice for my photo for this week; she takes my direction and photographs so well. Thank you to my lovely companion for giving me the time and inspiration.



Carol

I freely admit that when I chose “quiet time” for this week’s subject, I had an image in mind. It was similar to the picture I took, but in my mind the wing chair was beside a fireplace. Of course we don’t have a fireplace, so my office had to do.

I’ve been on the hunt for a reading chair for my office for a long time and I wasn’t sure I’d find one in time for the picture. I did have a substitute in mind, a chair very similar to the one in my picture, only in a dark red velvet (which is why I didn’t put it in my office – it would have clashed with the wall colour).

To me, there’s no better quiet time than sitting in a comfy chair with a cup of tea and a good book. All that’s missing from the picture is a footstool where I can put my feet up.


No comments:

Post a Comment