Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Week 4: Granddaughters

Debby

Granddaughters are one of life’s simple pleasures. I was blessed with four, and with them have experienced hours of fun shopping, cooking and crafting.

Not to negate the boys, my two grandsons, but they are an entirely different kind of joy. When my daughter remarried a few years ago I gained another granddaughter, so the count is five, ages nine to nineteen.

I recently spent hours on my laptop sorting through decades of photos for the photo collage frames I purchased. Then I got an E mail from Walmart offering a sale price for prints, how timely I thought, and then I saw the books. This led to my ordering these 20 photo, soft cover books from Walmart. At that sitting I completed the order for four books for the grandkid, and will need to go back to complete the remainder.

While doing the books, I realized I didn’t have very many pictures of the newest member of the family, and none for the years before we met. That is why, when the opportunity presented itself, I snapped a photo.

This was not the photograph I intended to take for this week’s challenge, but I think it works very well for this topic…Granddaughters.



Carol

At first glance Debby seemed to have an unfair advantage when it comes to “Granddaughters” because she has four to my one. But I see my granddaughter almost every day and probably have a lot more photo opportunities so I think it evens out in the end.

Choosing a picture was as easy as scrolling through my phone. I try to clear the pictures off my phone at least once a week, so they were all current ones. This is actually one of the reasons why I finally got a cell phone. My digital camera was starting to get rather iffy, and I wanted something a little more reliable for taking pictures.

I chose this particular picture because Ellie’s mischievous personality is shining through – she thinks she’s getting away with something, standing in the open door. She’s smart, and funny, and imaginative, and I love her to pieces. She’s my little sweetie pie sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment