Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Week 33: Rainy Days and Mondays

Debby

I ventured out on a dull and dreary day to have coffee with my son at his work place, which just happens to be beside the lake. While I was waiting I took a number of photos as I found the clouds and light fascinating.

There are so many layers of clouds, and in the distance the sun is shining with blue skies, adding some sparkle to the lake.

Autumn weather can be beautiful with its bright colours, but also dark with its storm clouds and rain. Maybe that “bad” weather is a warning of weather yet to come.



Carol

Given the amount of rain we’ve been having lately, I thought the subject for this week was kind of appropriate. But wouldn’t you know, when I went out with my phone the rain slacked off and the wind came up instead.

So then I’m sitting in my living room, which has a view through the dining room straight out the deck doors into the backyard, and a gust of wind sent a swirl of leaves past. And I thought, there’s a different idea, a rainfall of leaves!

And of course when I went outside it was to find most of the leaves had already been blown off of the trees and while they’d still swirl a bit in the wind, it didn’t really make for much in the way of a picture. Still, it’s the only picture I could come up with, so it’ll just have to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment