Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Week 30: B is For . . .

Debby

The sky looked ominous when I set out today for a day trip to Fowler’s Corners, a village north of here. We were fortunate the rain never advanced beyond a drizzle all day.

My “B” selection was to be for BIG, and my photo the big chair outside the Crafters Marketplace. It’s been a few years since I’ve been there and I was disappointed the huge rocking chair was gone, replaced by a big Adirondack chair, complete with steps. I suppose people ignored the Keep Off signs and so the huge chair became a liability.

So “B” could be for big, or with the photo I took of the sky, for black and blue. The lake is a strange colour, as is the sky, a perfect picture of the weather warning for tonight and tomorrow.

Despite the weather it was a good day out with an old friend, and a very successful shopping trip.



Carol

B is for . . . blue betta fish!

Isn’t he pretty? His name is Tiddler, after the fish in one of my granddaughter’s favourite books. She picked him out, so she got to name him. Technically, he’s her fish, he just lives at my house and I do all the feeding and tank cleaning. LOL

Tiddler is not my first betta. Several years ago I had a more colourful betta who lived in a big, jar-like vase with a plant on top. The thing is, although bettas can live in small containers or murky water, it’s not the ideal conditions for them. They do better in larger tanks (at least a gallon or two) with something they can hide in. Merlin, my first fish, lasted a little over a year in his less than ideal conditions.

It’ll be interesting to see how much longer Tiddler lasts with the extra TLC he gets.


No comments:

Post a Comment