Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Week 29: Thanksgiving

Debby

Thanksgiving is a time for family, but sometimes the gathering you hope for just doesn’t happen.

My daughter was not cooking as Thanksgiving fell on the anniversary of her father’s death, always a bad time for her.

I was invited, as I am every year, to celebrate with my son’s in-law relatives. But the sudden death the day before of my daughter-in-law’s uncle cancelled those plans.

My sister-in-law was sick all weekend and didn’t cook. They were fortunate to have good neighbours who share, and delivered plates full of turkey and all the fixings.

I have no such neighbour, lol, and made do, my Hungry Man and I, for a turkey dinner.



Carol

Thanksgiving seemed like an obvious choice for this week, seeing as the Canadian Thanksgiving was celebrated over the weekend.

Due to the expanding nature of the hubby’s family, for several years we found it easier to rent a hall and have dinner there, everyone bringing their favourite dishes and the turkey being cooked in the hall’s oven. A little cold and impersonal to my mind, but it worked. But now the kids are mostly grown and have families of their own, so we're back to separate dinners.

I meant to take a picture of the table all nicely set, the food steaming in the center, everyone waiting to dig in, but as usual, I forgot until we were already started. We may be a small family, but there was a lot of love, as well as food, at our table.


No comments:

Post a Comment