Welcome to our picture page!

If you're looking for Debby and Carol's photo challenge, you're in the right place! Like many creative people out there, we've decided to challenge each other to each come up with a picture a week for the next 52 weeks, taking turns picking each week's theme. However, unlike most others, we're not using fancy cameras and showing off our PhotoShopping skills. Nope, we're limiting ourselves to our phones, and our pictures will be undoctored. Join us here each week for a new picture!

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Week 8: Moving Water

Debby

Born under the sign of Pisces, it is no wonder that I love being by the water. I find the sound of waves, the constant repetition as they beat upon the shore, to be soothing, and find myself drawn to the lake.

But, I am also mesmerized by rivers, and the meandering path they cut through the land. In the spring, the water can run fast and deep with melting snow, a constant danger with the threat of flooding.

This picture is of the Ganaraska River, well known in the area for a once devastating flood. Today it was peaceful, the sun sparkling on the water, the sound a quiet murmur as it journeys to the lake.



Carol

Like Debby, I love being near the water and I also find the sound soothing. I find the sound of the water filter in my new fish tank less soothing, however that’s a story for a different day. ;-)

I wanted to do something a little different, so my first choice for “moving water” was the water that has been seeping into the basement a lot this spring, moving towards the sump hole. But when I went downstairs to take my picture, it had pretty much dried up.

My next choice was a waterfall or fountain. I’m not even sure there are any waterfalls close by, and it’s still a little too early to get the fountains going. There are, however, three creeks that run through our town, one just around the corner from our house. So, traditional it is.

This was my neighbourhood growing up. When I was little, there was no bridge spanning this creek, just a fallen tree. This, along with the lake shore, was my playground as a kid. I used to fish for smelts in the spring here. The foaming water is from a small waterfall hidden by the bridge I’m standing on and you can see just a few feet away the water slows right down before joining with the lake. Oh, the memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment